The Do’s and Dont’s of popping the question:
- Involving the right people: think of involving her family and friends on the magical moment, or have an intimate setting just for the two of you with a surprise engagement party for her after the almighty YES!
- Consider whether she would prefer private or a semi private affair. Just because you are a big sports fan it does not mean she would like to be proposed to in the middle of Croke Park during the All Ireland final!
- Choose your location wisely as it set the mood. Maybe start with how you are going to propose then where – the ideas will come to you.
- Keeping it a surprise is essential! If you aren’t typically romantic don’t plan a special date out of the blue, she will be rushing off to get her nails done! Instead obtain the help of her best friend that way she genuinely will be surprised.
- Pay attention to detail. Make the proposal about her and her favourite things! Make sure to personalise the proposal to your relationship!
- Get a female perspective. Again get advice from her best friend or mum.
- Keep the proposal speech short and sweet! Just explain why you love her and why you want her to be your wife!
- Use your personal resources. You have just spent a pretty penny on the special ring! The anticipation of what’s inside the pretty box makes the moment more memorable. So don’t be afraid to ask friends and family to carry out small tasks to help you create the perfect setting.
Now for some locations for that magical moment!
Engagementcation: the growing trend of getting engaged on a romantic getaway! If the bank balance allows splash the cash and whisk your lucky lady away to a beach resort and pop the question over a candle lit dinner on the beach!
For more practical proposals that are just as lavish and memorable try one of the following location ideas!
Dublin Botanical Gardens
If you’re the crafty type, put together a scrap book of all your special moments in your relationship then suggest a stroll around the Botanical Gardens. While settling down for a beautiful picturesque picnic present your loved one with the book of memories, and while laughing and reminiscing slyly pull out the ring and propose!
Make your special lady a princess for the day!
Lough Eske Castle, Donegal
Whisk your lucky lady to Lough Eske castle in the heart of Donegal and escape into a luxurious world of relaxed elegance, treating her to a pampering package in the lavish spa. Giving you time to get a great romantic setting for the perfect proposal – whether it be over a romantic candle lit dinner or evening stroll after dinner or rose petals leading her to a private drawing room with a roaring fire.
For the more outdoor type.
Take a romantic stroll on Howth Hill with the picturesque scenery surrounding you, it will be the perfect setting for that magical moment.
Or simply make it a special occasion!
Do something that you wouldn’t normally do like clean the house or wash the dishes! When she asks why you are doing it tell her to get ready you are taking her out for a romantic dinner. When she comes out surprise her with a romantic proposal and the ring!
Now you have the Do’s, the Don’ts and some location suggestions here is your ever so essential proposal check list.
- Broach the subject of marriage…. Be subtle like I know I will love you forever!
- Know her ring size…. Borrow one of her rings to size but make sure it fits on the weeding finger of the right hand.
- Know what kind of ring she wants… if you need a little help get some help for her mum or best friend.
- Asking the parents permission may be an old tradition but it may mean a lot to them and your lucky lady.
- Plan the perfect proposal!
And for the all important ring take a look at Rocks Forever Collection
Because Love Rocks